How to Choose the Best Ridgefield Dentist
People pick specific dental offices for a variety of reasons – location, insurance coverage, office hours. However, the reasons people stay at a particular dentistry practice for years may be harder to pin down. Research indicates that patients are much more likely to keep up with regular dental appointments when they have personal relationships with their dentists and team. At Ridgefield Perfect Smile Center, we have experienced the difference establishing meaningful relationships with our patients can make. If you want to learn more about finding the right dental office, we invite you to read this page. Our Ridgefield dentists and dentistry team hope you’ll consider contacting us to schedule a treatment consultation. We know once you visit, you’ll feel so welcome and well cared for you’ll come back year after year.
Ask a Friend
Before you pick a practice, start by asking friends, family members, or coworkers for recommendations. Often, this is the ideal way to put together a list of dental offices that may meet your needs. Reading online reviews is another great option to learn more about a dentistry practice from actual patients. The Ridgefield Perfect Smile Center team prides itself on going above and beyond to make every dental appointment in our office comfortable and stress free. You can hear more about it from our patients who kindly leave us online reviews sharing their positive experience with our team and future patients.
Get to Know the Team
The dentists and team members will make the practice experience good or bad for every patient. The latest technologies or most innovative dental treatments are nothing without a caring dentist and team. You may be able to find biographical information about the office staff online. If not, you should feel free to call the office and ask for information about the qualifications and experience of the dentists and team.
We have two skilled dentists on our team, Dana C. Jones, DDS and Josephine A. Franzese, DMD. Dr. Jones has years of advanced training in addition to his doctoral studies in dentistry. He has completed many of the nation’s most prestigious training seminars, including the Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Studies and the Hornbrook Group’s Ultimate Occlusion and Full Mouth Synergy seminars. These trainings allow him to provide patients safe, effective treatment for TMJ dysfunction. Dr. Franzese is well known for offering gentle, compassionate care. She especially loves working with young people to learn how to care for their smiles. She’s also a dedicated scholar, who enjoys conducting research to improve the field of dentistry. In addition to our two skilled dentists, the office has a skilled team of administrators, dental assistants, and hygienists who offer effective treatment. They are key to helping patients feel at home in our office.
Find a Practice Where You Feel at Ease
It may be more difficult to determine how you’ll feel at a dental practice before you actually visit. In addition to reviews from the current patients and/or recommendations from family or friends, many practices offer virtual office tours and have social media accounts where they post photos and communicate with their patients. Exploring this information is a great way to learn more about the atmosphere in a practice. At Ridgefield Perfect Smile Center, you can explore our office with an online tour. We would also be happy to show you around before your first appointment. Please don’t hesitate to drop by if you’re in the area.
Explore the Offered Dental Services
Most general dental offices will offer a variety of preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry services. However, it’s important for you to double check to ensure that any treatments you may need are offered. For instance, patients with young children may want to consider looking for a family dental office. If you suffer from gum disease, finding an office that provides periodontal therapy is important. Whatever your specific oral health and hygiene needs, make sure the prospective dental office provides the services you need.
We offer a wide range of dental services to help patients achieve and maintain their healthiest smiles and keep them for life. Some of the treatments that set us apart from other general dentistry practices in our area include:
- Children’s dental care – we welcome patients of all ages, and we love working with kids to learn how best to care for their smiles at home. We offer a wide range of treatments to help kids develop healthy smiles including checkups and cleanings, dental sealants, and fluoride treatments.
- Gum disease treatments – patients suffering from periodontal, gum, disease should take care to keep their smiles healthy with frequent professional teeth cleanings and thorough at-home care. We partner with you to create a personalized plan to keep your smile healthy.
- CEREC same day crowns – rather than repairing damaged or decayed teeth over two appointments, we can use our state-of-the-art CEREC system to design, craft, and place advanced restorations like dental crowns and bridges in just one visit.
- Implant supported tooth replacement – dental implant posts placed below the gum line mimic the lost root structure of teeth, allowing us to support any number of replacement teeth from a single crown to a full denture.
- Invisalign & Six Month Smiles orthodontics – we partner with patients to straighten teeth without the noticeable, metal bracket and wire braces. We offer both Invisalign alignment tray orthodontics and Six Month Smiles clear and tooth colored braces.
- Sleep apnea therapy – if you suffer from sleep apnea, you may think your only treatment option is CPAP. Our skilled dentists can custom craft oral appliances to keep your airway clear, allowing you to sleep and breathe deeply through the night.
See Real Results of Dental Treatments
Many dentists have online smile galleries or photo albums in their office that you can look at to see before and after images of real patients. This is a great way to find out what you can expect from a specific cosmetic or restorative treatment. If you don’t see images of the treatment you’re interested in, ask your dentist during a consultation. Our Ridgefield dental team has an online smile gallery, and we would be happy to show you more before and after images in the office during your consultation.
Ask About Insurance & Financing Policies
The number one reason patients give for avoiding visiting the dentist’s office isn’t dental phobia or anxiety – it’s financing. Worry about the cost of treatment causes many patients to avoid visiting the dentist’s office altogether. Rather than skipping your appointments, it’s essential to find a dental practice where you feel comfortable talking openly about your budget, and you should trust the dentist and team to help you find the right treatments to keep your smile healthy without breaking the bank. At Ridgefield Perfect Smile Center, we’re happy to answer any questions you have about the cost of treatment. Any member of our knowledgeable dentistry team can walk you through out of pocket costs, dental insurance coverage, financing options, and more during any appointment. You can also feel free to call our team if you have questions. We’ll do our best to help you demystify insurance coverage, find treatments that are affordable within your budget, and get financing when necessary to cover the costs of your dental care.