July 25, 2021
You want to fix your smile and straighten your teeth, but you don’t want to have to endure wearing metal braces and looking like a teenager. Thankfully, you have alternatives: to choose Invisalign or Six Month Smiles. Which procedure is better suited to meet your smile needs, though? Here is some information to help you decide!
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign process of correcting bite issues and straightening teeth utilizes a series of custom designed BPA-free, clear plastic aligners to move your teeth to the right position. The process starts with your dentist carefully taking measurements and bite impressions that are used to generate a customized smile plan that is sent to a trusted Invisalign lab.
Usually, in two to three weeks, you’ll have your first set of aligners to try on and make sure they fit properly. If everything checks out, your dentist will order more aligners so you can switch out to another set every two weeks.
Instead of wearing bulky metal braces that draw unwanted attention to your smile, you’ll be able to enjoy a discreet treatment process with Invisalign’s low-profile design. The typical treatment time can range from 12 to 18 months.
How Does Six Month Smiles Treatment Work?
The Six Month Smiles program is designed for patients with less severe bite issues. The procedure utilizes clear, lightweight brackets and tooth-colored wires to complete the treatment in an average time of six months. Considered to be the fastest route for bite correction, Six Month Smiles treatment is only recommended for patients who are 16 years or older.
It usually only takes around an hour for your dentist to place the clear braces, which is another perk in the time-saving department. Once your braces are in place, you can expect to see results in about a month. In most cases, patients will need three to seven adjustments throughout the treatment process.
What to Consider When Making Your Decision
When determining which route to take for fixing your smile, here are some factors worth weighing:
- Cost – Six Month Smiles is known for being more affordable, but it’s still important to consider whether it can yield the best results. Therefore, you can avoid any added costs and time.
- Removability – One of the reasons Invisalign is growing in popularity is that it allows patients to remove the aligners for eating and drinking. Six Month Smiles braces can only be removed by your dentist.
- Comfortability – Neither of the procedures is unbearable. However, with Six Month Smiles, you may be subject to the braces rubbing against your cheek and causing irritation.
- Dental hygiene – When it comes to dental hygiene, Invisalign is the big winner because you can remove the aligners to clean your teeth as normal.
- The condition of your smile – If you have a more severe overbite, crookedness, misalignment or other issues, your dentist may recommend going with Invisalign.
If you’re still on the fence about which direction to take to fix your smile, visiting your local dentist for a consultation will help tremendously. By taking the first steps now, you can soon have the smile of your dreams!
About the Author
Dr. Dana C. Jones earned his dental degree from the University of Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. Throughout his career, he has managed to stay abreast of the latest changes in dentistry by taking several hours of continuing education, which includes training through The Hornbrook Group’s Ultimate Occlusion and Full Mouth Synergy program. Dr. Jones creates beautiful new appearances with Six Month Smiles and Invisalign at Ridgefield Perfect Smile Center, and he can be reached for more information or to schedule a visit through his website.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.