June 29, 2017
Summer break is a blessing and a curse. On one hand, it’s awesome because all your kids and their friends have the time to spend quality time together, create memories, and take a break the hustle and bustle of the school year. On the other hand, your kid’s schedules are completely thrown off and out of whack. They don’t wake up early anymore, most likely forget to brush their teeth before bed, and are eating sugary snacks throughout the day rather than wholesome meals. One thing you can do to keep your kid’s teeth and gums healthy throughout the summer is to take them to visit their children’s dentist in Ridgefield.
Did you know?
Children need their parents to keep routine dental appointments scheduled for them so their mouths stay healthy throughout their lives. Here are a few facts about children’s dentistry you may not have been aware of:
- Cavities in children’s baby teeth caused by tooth decay is the number one chronic disease threat affecting young children.
- Cavities are up to five times more common than asthma and seven times more common than hay fever.
- When a child has tooth pain, they miss school days and could be distracted while they’re in class. You can prevent tooth pain with summer dental appointments.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that more than 40% of children have decaying teeth by the time they reach kindergarten!
What can your kid’s dentist in Ridgefield provide for your little one specifically?
When it comes to keeping your child’s primary teeth healthy, there’s no better way than to keep dental appointments at Ridgefield Perfect Smile Center—especially when your family has the time in the summer! The pediatric dental care that our office provides can help keep your child’s primary teeth healthy and free of decay, cavities, early development of gum disease, and other dental issues. Your child can get comfortable and build a friendly relationship with our dental professionals, Dr. Jones and Dr. Franese, but they can also reap these other benefits:
- Hands-on learning experiences about proper dental care.
- Positively enforced, fun dental experiences that will help keep them diligent with their dental routine as they grow older.
- Thorough head, neck, and mouth examinations to ensure development is going smoothly.
- Professional cleanings to remove harmful dental plaque and debris.
- Protection against dental problems with fluoride treatments to strengthen enamel.
- Protection against cavities with dental sealants.
How can dental sealants help my child?
Dental sealants are composed of a dental resin that bonds to the surfaces of teeth. Dental sealants work to protect smiles from decay. Basically, the grooves of your son or daughter’s teeth are filled and the tooth surface becomes smoother. This makes your child’s teeth less likely to build up plaque and food in the tiny crevices of their teeth. Other benefits of sealants include:
- Sealants protect the grooves of the teeth from food particles.
- Dental sealants are easy to apply, only taking a few minutes to seal each tooth.
- Sealants hold up well under the force of normal chewing and can last several years.
- Sealants are affordable and less invasive to prevent cavities.
- Sealants are white or clear in color, making them virtually invisible amongst your child’s natural smile.
Schedule a Summer Appointment Today!
When was the last time your child had a popsicle this sweltering summer break? Probably 5 minutes ago! What about the last time they visited their dentist to have their teeth cleaned? If it’s been longer than 6 months, they’re overdue for a dental exam and professional cleaning. Contact us today to schedule an appointment before break is over!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.